Hi everyone! I updated my About page with some more details, a better explanation of The Weaving Loom, and a little more about myself. Since no one regularly looks at the About page, I thought I’d share it in a post also, to help you get to know me better.
About The Weaving Loom
Back when I was interested in weaving, there were many different resources to find out how to do the basics, but at the time there wasn’t any one place to go to. I searched for resources and taught myself how to weave through those resources and also through my own trial and error. As I gained experience weaving, I still would see brand new beginners asking about where to find out how to do different techniques, so I decided to create The Weaving Loom. I’m so happy I did too, because I really enjoy sharing what I’ve have learned, including the ways I’ve done things wrong. My goal for this website is to have a point of access for beginner weavers and also those looking to expand on what they already know, by trying something new.
I’m on my own weaving journey, so I definitely don’t have all the answers, but I love to share what I do know. I also want to encourage you to experiment and learn through many different outlets. There are many books to learn from and if you have the ability to attend a weaving class, then definitely do so. There is much more then one way to do things, so it is very valuable to learn from many different people.
I’m also more then happy to answer questions people have that they may be struggling with. If you have an issue send me an email at email@example.com and if possible, I will help!
Photograph by Deanne Mroz Photography
My name is Kate, I live just outside of Chicago with my husband, two sons, and my silly french bulldog, Lou. Follow along with my weaving day-to-day here.
Some things about me:
- I’m a long time lover of fiber arts and have dabbled in knitting, crochet, embroidery, but fell hard for weaving
- I LOVE books and often I’m reading or listening to audiobooks (I’m always looking for good book recommendations)
- I have a bachelor’s degree in Computer Information Systems and a master’s degree in Finance
- I put my career on hold to stay home with my two young boys
- Both of my boys were talking at a younger age and I’m pretty sure it’s because I talk to myself… a lot
- I’m a secret cat lady. It’s a secret because I haven’t own a cat in about 6 years and it’s not looking like I’ll get one anytime soon. Seriously, I had cat posters all over my bedroom as a tween, and I may or may not have worn shirts with cats on them to school.
- I’m a sock person, as in I don’t like walking around barefoot. Is that weird? Never mind, don’t tell me
- I often make up little nonsense song ditties, that I sing out loud around the house
- I’m a morning person, I used to wake up before my alarm everyday until I had kids, which is coincidentally when I started drinking coffee
- I love helping people and solving problems, which if you have sent me an email with a question already, then you know 😉
I’m extremely thankful for all the lovely and talented people I have met through this blog and social media. Thank you for stopping over at my blog, you’re the reason I put all this time and effort into The Weaving Loom and I really hope you enjoy it!
KateFor more fun, follow me here ->